- Updated icon and splash screen
- UI changes to adjust for new device screen sizes
- Filter by due date (due:YYYY-MM-DD)
- Support for Extended Search from the BlackBerry search app
- New permission (Device Identifying Information) for analytics
- Minor bug fixes
I’ve been working on an update to Renamed Todo and made some good progress over this last weekend. Mostly minor stuff, a few cosmetic changes, a few UI tweaks, and a small bug fix which I’m attempting to squash now. I’m also doing some work under the hood to prepare for a much bigger update to follow.
On a related note I’ve decided to pull Todo.txt Enyo from the HP app catalog (webOS for those who may not know). I haven’t worked on it in some time and it doesn’t have the same features as Renamed Todo for BlackBerry 10. The source code it still available however on github and I’ll make packages directly available but it isn’t being activily developed. I am considering doing a new port of Renamed Todo and will consider webOS if there is still some usage of it. Stay tuned…
Now that summer is over it’s time to release another update. With this update I’m continuing to make tweaks to the interface while adding some useful new features. Most notably due date support with use of the custom due: tag. Along with that comes some ability to manage the local sandbox files such as export and delete. I have many more updated planned down the road. As always your feedback is appreciated.
- Help text when no filters are present
- Initial due date support (due:YYYY-MM-DD)
- Project & Context chooser
- Purge local sandbox files
- Export local sandbox files
- Various date related bug fixes
So I’ve gone and renamed my todo app formerly known as Task Slayer. I honestly wasn’t that fond of the previous name to begin with so when asked to change it to avoid confusion with another app by the same name I gladly did so. I didn’t realize how much of a pain it is though so I don’t plan on doing this again. That being said this release is much more than just a fancy new name. This release includes sharing support, an active frame, and support for those fancy new Q10 devices people are clamoring for.
- Application name change to Renamed Todo
- Q10 Support
- Sharing (invocation) support
- BBM support
- Active frame
- Bug fixes related to filters
Download now from BlackBerry World.
Long live webOS! I’ve decided to release a minor update to address some webOS specific requests. First up has to do with scaling properly on a Pre 3 device. Since I don’t have an actual Pre 3 device I have to rely on the simulator which doesn’t truly show how small or large the text actually looks. Hopefully this will help those die hard users from having to strain their eyes. The other change allows those who maintain their todo.txt on the local device to change where it’s stored internally. This should be particularly useful for those who dual boot their TouchPad with Android and like to keep edit the file in either OS.
- Adjust for Pre3 screen resolution
- Allow edit of internal file location on WebOS
My latest update to Task Slayer is now available for sale in BlackBerry World for the BlackBerry Z10. There are a number of bug fixes included in this release to make it fast and stable now that BB10 has been officially released. Even though it’s not labeled as v1.0 it’s ready for every day use. My next release will focus on tighter BB10 integration, Q10 support, and perhaps a few extra features along the way.
- Archive completed tasks (done.txt)
- Bug fix: automatic focus on text fields
- Bug fix: refresh following Dropbox authentication
- Bug fix: scrolling on settings page
- Package available from BlackBerry World.
This is a relatively minor update to Task Slayer. The only notable feature was really just adding a quick search box and a little bit of UI tweaking. Those with DevAlpha devices can download it from BlackBerry World. Along with refreshed screenshots I’ll attempt to post a video with my next release to give a taste to those who might be eagerly awaiting the launch of BlackBerry 10 at the end of January or curious to see how this app works compared to it’s counter parts.
- Updated splash screen and app icon
- Bug fix: wrong default location for todo.txt on Dropbox
- Package available from BlackBerry App World.