the central discussion point for my other development projects.
[matrix] => #dev:monkeystew.net Gitter => monkeystew-dev/dev pnut.io => https://patter.chat/room.html?channel=85 xmpp => firstname.lastname@example.org
- No spamming.
- Be respectful.
About the networks.
- Matrix is an open standard for inter-operable, decentralized, real-time communication. It’s my preferred communication network and serves as the primary home for my discussions. You can find more information at https://matrix.org/.
- Gitter is a messaging network and platform which focuses on collaboration and discovery. It features integrations with GitHub, Trello, and many other environments through a flexible API. You can find more information at https://gitter.im/.
- Pnut.io is a short messaging social network. Some of my development projects are in support of this network. It’s free but currently invite-only. You can find more information at https://pnut.io/.
- XMPP is an open XML based protocol for real-time communication. It is the chat network I’ve been using the longest and will continue to support for the foreseeable future. You can find more at https://xmpp.org/.
About the bots.
- CMDrMonkey – This bot integrates with my gogs server. It accepts new issues from participants and posts when pushes are made or when releases are created.
cmdr create owner/repo "title" "optional description"
- GitHub – This bot integrates with GitHub for creating new issues on projects hosted there for authorized users.
!github create owner/repo "title text" "description text"
- RSS Bot – This bot simply shares posts from a few RSS feeds that are relevant to the work I’m doing.